Counterfeit Materials Policy
Nortech Systems, Inc. understands there is a worldwide problem concerning counterfeit components entering the supply chain and is committed to sourcing components and materials from companies that share our values.
Nortech is committed to provide quality products and will procure its components from the following sources:
- Component OEM direct
- Component OEM authorized distributor
- Component OEM authorized agent/representative
Where components are obsolete/EOL or allocated/hard to find, Nortech Systems will purchase only from known and reputable sources. In an effort to mitigate our exposure to counterfeit components, purchasing directive is to procure product through only franchised distributors. In the event that a situation demands the need to obtain product through alternate sources such as Independent Distributors or the Broker network, we seek to purchase through only those organization that are members of one or more of the following organizations:
- SIA: Semiconductor Industries Associates
- ECIA: Electronic Components Industry Association
- COG: Components Obsolescence Group (UK & Germany)
- IDEA: Independent Distributors of Electronics Association
- TECS: Chinese Reliability Electronic Components Supplier
- ERAI: Electronic Resellers Association International
- AFDEC: Association of Franchised Distribution of Electronic Components (UK)
- CEDA: China Electronics Distributor Alliance
- CCAP-101: Counterfeit Component Avoidance Program
These are associations that promote best purchasing practices and disseminate information about combating counterfeiting in the industry.
Our sources are continually monitored as outlined in our Supplier Quality Requirements Manual. This includes, however is not limited to, regularly monitoring quality, performance and fulfillment service, and stock supply/demand.
Products procured through brokers/independent distributors on our AVL are held to industry testing certification/authentication adherence. Nortech limits the number of AVL brokers.
Nortech participates in various industry associations (IPC, SAE) to help develop standards and promote industry awareness to the global challenge. Nortech Systems utilizes SAE AS5553 (Counterfeit Electronic Parts, Avoidance, Detection, Mitigation and Disposition) guidance.