Customized Aerospace & Defense Interconnect Solutions
Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies
Explore Nortech Systems’ cutting-edge fiber optic technology, including Active Optical Xtreme (AOX™) and Expanded Beam Xtreme (EBX™). Our solutions provide unrivaled performance and reliability, with superior data transmission capabilities and immunity to electromagnetic and radio frequency interference. Designed to withstand tough conditions, they ensure reliable connectivity in any environment.
Introducing Nortech Systems’ Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies, where cutting-edge tech meets reliability. Power through data like never before with our Active Optical Xtreme (AOX™) and Expanded Beam Xtreme (EBX™) technologies. Ideal for the toughest aerospace and defense missions, our solutions provide unbeatable data transmission in any condition.
Choose from a variety of connector types, a range of polished perfection, and robust strain relief options that make waterproofing and ruggedization a breeze.
The following is a description of basic capabilities and suggested design specifications for use in your fiber optic cable assemblies. Nortech Systems provides high-quality fiber optic assembles for the Aerospace and Defense industries that meet or exceed MIL-STD-2042 requirements.
- MIL-C-28875 connectors for multiple termini
- MIL-C-83522 connectors for single terminus
- MIL-T-29504/14 and /15 for MIL-C-28876 connectors
- MIL-T-29504/4 and /5 for MIL-DTL-38999 connector 16 AWG contact cavities
- Commercial grade ST connectors
- Commercial grade SC connectors
- Commercial grade FC APC connectors (reduced return loss)
- Non-military spec contacts for MIL-DTL-38999 connector 20
- AWG contact cavities
- Epoxy (shipboard approved) – Most common
- Pre-loaded adhesive
- Chemical (ovenless)
- UV Curable
- Physical Contact (PC) both flat and domed
- Enhanced polish
- Multi and single mode
- MIL-PRF-8045 includes all types of cable including multiple fiber multi and single mode
- Custom hybrid cables (combined multi and single mode)
- Custom composite cables (combined optical fiber and copper conductors)
- Commercial cable
Inspection and Testing
- 400X Visual Inspection
- Insertion loss for multi and single mode
- Return loss for single mode (+6 to –60 dbm)
Training and Methods
MIL-STD-2042 trained personnel to ensure quality. All assemblies built to MIL-STD-2042 requirements.
Molded Strain Relief
Any type of connector can be overmolded to provide superior strain relief. With suitable connectors a waterproof, rugged fiber optic cable assembly is achievable.